Friday, September 21, 2007

My Word of the Week (PLAY) Entry for Scrapwords

(This LO won in Scrap Words Word of the Week Contest (sometime in July 2007), my first ever win in an online page layout competition)

Here's entry for Scrapwords Word of the Week (PLAY) Contest entitled Take Time to Play. The photos I used in my layout were taken in April 2005 (summertime in the Philippines). I love these photos. The first time I learned about the Word Contest and its theme PLAY, these photos came to my mind. I love seeing my two kids, Jigs and Dannah play like this. Since they have different interests, they seldom play with each other as they have their own circle of playmates. So when I saw them enjoying the water, I grabbed my camera and took these shots.

For my layout, I used four patterned papers from K and Company and Imagination Project. I also used ribbons, Prima flowers, K and Company tags to go, brads, alphabet stickers (for my title), photo turns, button. I handwrote my journaling using Sakura Aqualip pen for a personal touch. I did some stitching using DMC thread.

I hope you will like this LO. Your comments are very much welcome.


Journaling reads: Jigs and Dannah, I love seeing you like this. So when you weren't looking, I took these photos of you enjoying the water, beating the summer heat...PLAYING with one another like you never did before. April 2005

No comments: