Tuesday, April 15, 2008

April Layouts

Here are several layouts/projects I was able to finish during the first half of April. All of them are for online challenges and contests.

Lasting Impression's Cosmo Cricket Challenge:





Materials used: Cosmo Cricket Hey Sugar patterned papers(Honey Honey, Heartstrings, Sweet Nothings), Cosmo Cricket die cuts (fashion buttons), Cosmo Cricket Rub-ons for all (together, love,journey, precious, memories, happiness, my life, honor), DCWV cardstock, KI Memories Pop Culture Borderlines, Provo Craft Alpha Stickers (one passion), Alpha Rubons (brought together by), brads (round ans photo corners), Heidi Swapp flower, Prima Sprites 2 flowers, bling, metal flowers (Divi finds), WRMK Hardware Precious Metals, DMC thread, trimmings

Journaling reads: We were brought together by one passion we all love - SCRAPBOOKING! Truly my journey to the world of scrapbooking will never be complete without all of you. Thank you for the precious memories that bring happiness to my life. It is indeed an honor to belong to our group. LB Scrapaholics - 2nd Easter Egg-Hunt - March 23, 2008 - Agronomy Grounds

Scrappers Haven's Iron Chef IV (Round 1)

The challenge is to use black and white patterned paper, glitters and chalk to make a LO, an altered item and a card.

My layout:



Materials used: black and white patterned paper - Tinkering Ink Noir Blanc, EK Success Chalk (used to distress light blue paper), Reeves glitter glue, cardstock, American Crafts thickers, MM acrylic paint (Funky Vintage - Deep Sea), WRMK Hardware, Around the Block big brads (stars), DMC thread, Uniball Signo pen (white), Inkessentials Glossy accents, Provo Craft alphabitties stickers, Craft Express dome stickers (blue), word and phrases stickers.

My altered item - altered chopping board turned into a frame



Materials used: black and white pattered paper- Me and my Big Ideas, Reeves Glitter glue, EK Success Chalk (used to color the chipboard title "CUTE" as well as the glittered areas), ribbons, ricrac and trims, Craft Express Handmade stickers (cherry), Basic Grey Chipboard (Margie), bling

My card:



Materials used: black and white patterned paper - Provo Craft, Reeves Glitter glue, EK Success Chalk (red), Prima flowers, bling, fiber, DCWV word stickers, brad

Scrapwords DT Challenges

Sketch Challenge:



Materials used: Basic Grey background paper, KI Memories lace papers, Prima flowers, brads, strawberry embellishment, stickers- DCWV alphas, Provo Craft alphas, 3BIAR chitchat, Colorbox chalk fluid ink

Journaling: Even the littlest of things make me berry happy just like the Strawberry Shortcake collection I share with my daughter, Dannah. As a child, I was already fond of Strawberry Shortcake, seeing the cute figurines my Tita Brenda had back then. I told myself one day when I am already capable, I will buy all the Strawberry Shortcake stuff that will suit my fancy. I was berry happy when that time came last 2005 when I started collecting Strawberry Shortcake stuff, from bags to wallets to pillows, notebooks, stickers and more. We are able to acquire a DVD of Strawberry Shortcake which Dannah and I love to watch together. We even sing the theme song together. Surely, Strawberry Shortcake is one of the little things that make me berry happy. March 22, 2008.

Memory Trigger Challenge:



Materials used: Fancy Pants (Sweet Pea -Abigail), DCWV cardstock, Provo Craft plain paper, Craft Express Alpha Chipboard, Provo Craft Alpha Stickers, Acrylic paint, Inkessentials Glossy Accents, prima flowers, blings, buttons, DMC thread

Journaling: These photos remind me of the bonding moments I had with my daughter, Dannah when she joined my Crop Science 1 field trip to Baguio and Pangasinan last February 23-25, 2008.

We had so much fun together shopping for pasalubong, strolling, taking each other's pictures and of course eating out. We even bought similar bonnets which we wore while we were in Baguio.

I know there will be more moments like these ahead of us. I hope and pray that when you grow up, you'll not forget to spend some time with me and we'll always have our share of bonding moments.


Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

CraftFairy said...

Dami! Very productive, ha? Thanks for the inspiration.