Sunday, July 19, 2009

SM Idol Week 3 plus my PIO layout

I made it to Week 4 of the Scrappin' Mom's Idol Season 3 contest together with these great ladies:



Here's my entry for the Week 3 to use white space and eight photos with the theme celebrating everyday moments:



Details of my LO:





To achieve white space, I concentrated my photos, embellishments and journaling on the right side of the layout, arranged the eight (8) photos from top to middle of the LO. To make the design assymetrically balanced I incorporated some embellishments on the top left side of the LO. As for the theme, I chose the item "what makes you happy" on the list and looked for 8 items that make me happy, also from the list.

Journaling:

Exposed - a listing of my natural highs

1. sunrise
2. flowers in bloom
3. favorite pasta
4. a leafless tree
5. favorite treat
6. feet on sand
7. fine work of art
8. clouds

Hidden - hidden beneath the photos

There are certain things that give me the natural high like (1) seeing the sunrise by the sea (Hundred Islands), (2) flowers in bloom in all its slendor (Baguio City), (3) my favorite pasta (Joe's Pasta, LB, Laguna), (4) a leafless tree in all its majesty (Hundred Islands), (5) a favorite treat just like these colorful cupcakes, pleasing to the eyes as well as to the tastebuds (Dannah's 12th birthday), (6) my feet on the sand (Hundred Islands), (7) a fine work of art like this glass mosaic (Naga Cathedral), (8) clouds in the sky and being close to it (Zest-air to Naga from Manila).

Materials used: patterned papers - October Afternoon, My Little Shoebox and Fancy Pants, alpha stickers: My Little Shoebox and All About Scrapbooking, journaling cards - October Afternoon (makes me happy and numbers) and MME Bohemian, flowers - Prima and All About Scrapbooking (felt), American Crafts Thickers (puffy), Maya road chipboard bird, artificial leaves, paper and crocheted doilies, lace and trims, button, All About Scrapbooking pearl conchos, blings, blowpens, inks, glitter glue, DMC threads, tulle, staple wires, MM acrylic paint

And now for my DT work at Pile it on:



This week's challenge is to use mostly orange in your layout, card or altered item. I'm combining this challenge with Coordinates Collection July Scrap Challenges for Week 3 and A Peek Into Yesterday's July PDT Challenges Week 1.

BTW, I'd like to announce that my friend Issa Lucido made it top the top three scoops for her LO Why for last week's sketch challenge. Congrats, Issa!

And one more thing, please drop by the Dotty Divas blog for a teaser of the first ad challenge this coming week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just LOVE your layout for the Pile It On challenge!! You do such beautiful work with your scrapbooking!! Thanks for the inspiration!! I'm going to send your blog address to my mom so she can take a look at your layouts!! :)