Sunday, March 9, 2008

Scrappin' Fundraiser for the Carmelites

Yesterday I attended the Scrappin'Fundraiser for the Carmilite nuns of Sta. Ignacia, Tarlac. at Centro Montessori, 49 Xavierville Avenue, Loyola Heights, QC. The funds raised will go to finishing the construction of their chapel which currently lacks walls and a permanent roof.

I went alone since the rest of the LB Scrapaholics cannot come. I brought with me the cards especially created by the LB girls for the said fundraising activity. The group were able to donate 50 cards (5 each from Issa, Liezl, Rita, Cors, Cheche, Ytet and myself and 10 from Yvet).

There were mini workshops/demonstrations by Nita Ang and Scrappinmoms' Idol Cabbie Lopez. There was also a Scrappin' Challenge. The theme was Acts of Charity (or ways of Helping Others Outside the Home). We were given one hour to finish one LO. Here is what I came up with:



For this LO, I used the kit provided for the challenge which contained four K and Co. papers, two Prima flowers and a chipboard shape. We were instructed to use all of the kit's contents plus other materials that we wish to add. In addition to what was provided, I also used cardstocks (bought from Memorylane and Baratilyo), KI Memories Pop Culture Chipboard Shapes - Domino(bought from Rekindled Moments), MM journaling pad (bought from Scrapbukan, shared with Ria and others), American Crafts Thickers (bought from Studio Azul, blings, buttons lace, ricrac (from my stash).

Journaling reads: Jigs, In your eyes, I see someone blessed with the beautiful virtue of CHARITY. Who would ever thought that a boy like you at your tender age with your childish ways already possesses that virtue? It was indeed a surprise when one day, you asked me to gather all your old toys and books to give them to less-fortunate children who often frequent our house. It never fails to melt my heart whenever you remind me to give alms to beggars or street children. My fervent prayer is that I'll always see the beautiful virtue os CHARITY in your eyes. Mama 03-08-2008

I was so glad that my LO won the First Prize. The Second Prize went to Darlene and Jeannie got the Third Prize. Here is what I got:



For the Auction of scrapbooking materials, I was able to get a photo album at its starting bid of PhP450 and WRMK Precious Metal Hardware which I shared with Cookie. We got the WRMK Hardware for PhP1000. I made Liezl very happy since we won the bid for the Prima Flowers in glass bottles with rack. We got it for PHP1200.

The day ended with a smile on everyone's face. We were able to shop and scrap and in so doing were able to raise some funds for the Carmelite nuns.

2 comments:

Maybelle said...

Congrats, Timi! Galing mo talaga!

Anonymous said...

See Here or Here