Monday, November 24, 2008

First Five Birthday Challenge Participants

Here are the first five scrappers who submitted their LO's for my Birthday Challenge:

Layout # 1 - Laarni Uy's My Sis I Miss


Laarni scrapflited my layout entitled Ponder. She did a digital LO entitled My Sis I Miss.









Here is her interpretation:



JOURNALING: Once believed to be inseparable...have now gone our separate ways...truly miss our happy moments together...wishing the best for whatever path she takes....i love you little sister!

CREDITS: Sun Happy Place papers, Ramik frame, I. Riordan Funky Floral elements, SP Harvest Spice journal strip, Chaos Lounge Candy Jar elements, AWP Citrus Berry braid, Angela Sharrow Jurrasic Art fiber


Layout # 2 - Ching Phillips' Curiosity


Ching scraplifted my "My Pride and Joy' page. Her LO is entitled Curiosity.









Here is what she came up with:



JOURNALING: You’ll find thousands watching the Annual Michigan Festival of Vintage cars on Woodward Avenue from the City of Pontiac to the Detroit river. There is a little mystery, as to what make of car will come rolling by next which goes a long way to making an exciting afternoon.

Materials Used: Me & My Big Ideas pattern paper, DCWV cardstock & pattern paper, Creating Keepsakes Scrapin' Creation pattern paper. Archival Ink (sepia), Prima flowers, Making Memories brads, Fiskars die-cut letters and hole punch, Fibers, Scotch liquid glue and double sided tape, Xyron create sticker


Layout # 3 - Marian King's Play Ball



Tita Marian used this birthday page I made for Issa's birthday celebration last 2006 as inspiration. She created a LO for her granddaughter using these materials: Imagination Project papers, Fabriano cardstock, My Little Shoebox Chipboard letters, AC Foam Thickers.



Here is her take:



Layout # 4 - Nina's Eto na ang Barkada

Like Ching, Nina chose to scraplift my "My pride and Joy" LO. Here is her interpretation:



JOURNALING: Robert met the members of Parokya ni Edgar (a local pop rock band) at UP (University of the Philippines) Fine Arts.
And the world has been a lot more colorful ever since.


Materials used: patterned paper - Sassafrass Lass, American Crafts, October Afternoon, KI Memories; felt letters - Making Memories (thanks, Bev! love them!) ; bingo card - Jenni Bowlin; others - cardstock, Dymo tape, rub-ons

The ones in the photo were her sis-in-law and older brother with the band. They're pretty good friends and this was done during a shoot for a print ad.


Layout # 5 - Issa Lucido's Fall 2007


Issa scraplifted my LO entitled Tattooed in my heart.









Here is what Issa did:



Details of her LO:


Look at how Issa did her title using fall photos.

JOURNALING:It was Mommyla Dory's first time to experience the fall season in USA. And what a perfect way to celebrate it... with Graham and Sadie!

Materials Used:Kraft paperScenic Route ppsCK ppscardstockBG chipboard lettersMaya Road arrow chipboardBrillance black ink glittered glue, Colorbox chalk ink

Thanks ladies for taking my Birthday Challenge. You did a great job scraplifting my layouts! For those who haven't submitted their entries yet, you still have until the 30th of November to email your entries to me.

1 comment:

Benga said...

awesome LOs! I'll try to join in your brithday challenge too :)