Saturday, January 10, 2009

At last, my first set of LO's for 2009!

It's been quite a while since my last layout. At long last, I completed 5 layouts for Coordinates Collection January Cyber Crop!

Here are my LO's for the crop's challenges:

CC Challenge #1 - Is someone stealing my pens?

The requirement is to use something that is typically an "office" supply in your layout. Some examples are paper clips, staples, binder clips, post-its, lined notebook paper, white-out, or highlighters.


I used index cards and a clip to satisfy this challenge requirements. Other materilas used include Cosmo Cricket pp, American Crafts Thickers, Bazzill Just Edge, buttons, and MM Tiny alphas.

CC Challenge #2 - Working 9 to 5

This challenge is all about routines! Show us your typical day-to-day routine. Or maybe you'd like to be more specific? Try focusing on your child's nighttime routine (seriously, how cute would that be?) or some of the small steps that you repeat on a regular basis.


Materilas used: Bazzill cardstock, Scenic Route pp and alpha stickers, Bo Bunny chipboard alphas, 3D chipboard stickers, ribbon.

My journaling:



My journaling is written in tags. It reads:

A typical day for me consists of waking up every morning at around 5:30 to take care of Jigs and Dannah's needs in going to school. Sometimes, I have breakfast. Most times, I don't.
If I have an early class, I go straight taking a bath and dressing up for work. If I have a late class, I go back to sleep for about 1-2 hours more.
I ride a public transport in going to work. Travel time ranges from 1 - 1.5 hours depending on the traffic.
At work, I teach one to four classes depending on the day. Of course, there are things that go with teaching like preparing for lessons, checking exams and papers, etc. I also have some committee works.
I usually get home at around 7:30 PM. Sometimes when I meet with my friends, I get home a little later - 9:00 PM the latest.
I am a night person so I usually stay up late. Some nights, I scrapbook. Other nights, I'm on my computer or in front of the TV set.
Sleeping time is around 11:00 PM or sometimes past midnight.
In all the things I do everyday, I always find inspiration in my kids. Now that Danny is in Saudi Arabia once again, my focus is my kids. Both Dannah and Jigs are the reason why I work and do my craft. The two of them make my everyday worth living, the reason why I love waking up every morning. I thank GOD for giving me the both of them to make my everyday COMPLETE.


CC Challenge #3 - Alright, who left the copy machine jammed?

The challenge is to use the same picture (or a VERY similar one) more than once in a layout. That's it, no other requirements.



Materials used: Dreamstreet pp's, Bazzill cardstock and Just Edge, Daisy D's rubons, MM Tiny Alphas, clear buttons, blings, ribbons, Prima Flowers, American Craft Thickers, Love Elsie chip button.

CC Challenge #4 - I literally cannot function without my (?)

This challenge has two options.

Option A: Create a layout based on some of your technology. Love your blackberry? Wouldn't be able to text message to save your life? Show us.

Option B: Use that technology! Use a digital element on your layout, or even just type your journaling. With all the cool fonts available, you can totally change the look of your layout with typed journaling.



I chose Option A.

Materials:Dreamstreet pp's, Bazzill cardstock, AC Thickers, bling and buttons, ribbons, metal embellies, Scenic Route alpha stickers, Love Elsie chip button.

Journaling:
If there is one technological gadget I can't live without, it is the cellphone. I got my first one, a second-hand ALCATEL unit late 2000. Thereafter, I always had one at hand, one of which was a Nokia cellphone-3210 held by Dannah in this photo several years back.
Dannah used to call cellphone, celli-phone when she was about four years old, thus this layout's title. Now that she's already 11 years old, her Daddy and I allowed her to own one, the cellphone being the most convinient and cheapest means of communication nowadays.


CC Challenge #6 - Is it Friday yet?

This challenge is to scrap weekend or vacation photos. To up the ante a bit, you must use at least one button and some ribbon.



Materials used: Dreamstreet pp, Bazzill cardstock,AC thickers, Scenic Route alpha stickers, leather stickers, buttons, ribbons, Ptima flower, MM crystal brad.

Journaling: This was my second time to be a Regional Examinierfor UPCAT (UP College Admission Test). I was sent to San Jose, Occidental Mindoro wtih Tita Amy Jorda of UP Diliman.

Thanks for looking!

No comments: