Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Rekindled Moments Cherry Arte Challenge

Here is my take on Rekindled Moments's November 2007 Cherry Arte Challenge using Morocco, Poolside or Princess lines. I did two LO's for this challenge. For the first one I used Cherry Arte's Morocco line. Here is my LO:




Title: Be my Friend
Materials used: Cherry Arte pp - Morocco (Mirror Ball, Aniseed and Saffron) and Princess (Sheri), Cherry Arte chipboard - Morocco (clock and 2 stars),Provo Craft plain paper, DCWV cardstock (title), Colorbox Fluid Chalk (Autumn Pastels), DMC thread (golden yellow),Metallic thread, Buttons (orange), Metal photo corners, Dong-a, Gel pen, Glitter glue

Journaling reads:

Time, how fast you slip away. It seems just like yestreday when I hold Jigs in my arms, so tiny, helpless and totally dependent on me on just about everything. gone are the days when Jigs insisted to watch his favorite Disney cartoons with me, what else but Tarzan, Hercules and Jungle Book. gone are the days of collecting Happy Meal, kiddie, Meal and Chuckie Meal. Good for me though! Gone are the days when Jigs make kulit to buy Pokemon figures, Marvel, X-men and Justice League action figures which he collected with much enthusiasm. Gone are those days! But now, I'm beginning to miss those days of yesteryears when Jigs was still small and would willingly pose for a photo. So time, please be my friend, don't fly to fast for I don't want my only boy to be a man. Not yet.

Here is my second entry wherein I used Cherry Arte's Princess line:



Title: I am Grateful for You
Materials used: Cherry Arte pp - Princess (Heather, Sheri, Corrine),Cherry Arte rub-ons (Princess), Cherry Arte chipboard (Morocco), DCWV cardstock, DCWV alphabet stickers, Glitter glue, DMC thread, Buttons, Ribbon, Ricrac, Uni-ball Signo pen (white),Fabriano cardstock, Colorbox Fluid chalk ink

Journaling reads:

Dannah, many say that we look alike, appearance-wise. But there's more to our looks for we are alike in so many ways...and I'm very grateful for that! Grateful to see myself in you. At your young age, I see an immense talent in public speaking. I see much potential in your ability to be an outstanding leader. But more importantly, I am grateful for the wonderful person you are becoming- responsible, loving, selfless, compassionate and thoughtful. Finally, all my GRATITUDE go to the ONE who gave you to me to love, nurture and chesish - our Lord God. Love, Mama

No comments: